Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blog & baby-eaters?



Song of the Glob: Lost for Words by Pink Floyd [ http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/lostforwords.html ]

Dear Globlets,

It has come to my attention that there are strange, misinformed folks who have not taken the time to understand BLOGS before they tell a blogger what they think they should or shouldn't write in their PERSONAL blog.

[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog ] - Do it.

I believe that nobody but the author has any right to say what should or should not be incorporated in one's PERSONAL blog. It's their PERSONAL blog. I know if anyone told me what kind of writing I should have in my blog, I would promptly ignore them and continue writing what I want, how I feel, my opinions, my points of view, et cetera, because that is what blogging is to me (and to many, I believe): expressing yourself in any way you want, allowing people to read what you have to say... or maybe not, if that's your choice. Sometimes people just like having a GLOB of themselves out there in cyberspace.

A blog is often a public diary or journal. You wouldn't tell someone what to write in their diary, would you? It would be wrong. You don't tell people how and what to think either. Well, maybe you do... but you shouldn't. - It's not your place.
Too often do people forget to think (in general and) about the values, opinions and feelings of others.
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view; until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird.

Did you know that there are people who make a living off writing blogs? My mom reads a few and they've got to be damn well-written for her to read because... well... you're going to make me say it, aren't you? (Yeah, YOU are) - My mom has a degree in linguistics and reads so much that, close to, if not over, half of the boxes when we move are full of books, and that's no exaggeration. There are books everywhere, many have crossed continents and back again, and are sometimes double-shelved, on top of the big bookcase, on that ledge by the staircase, and we also have several other bookcases.

Now, should you be one of those strange, misinformed people whom I seem to have misunderestimated, as the former president of the USA would say (I had to add that somewhere here), feel free to tell me your opinion on the matter, or better yet... write a blog about it!


In other news... I'm reading the bible. No, you did read that correctly. I, Ms. Ieatbabies, am reading the bible. I've also decided to make notes about the things that make me angry, that I don't agree with or the things that don't make sense to me. I'll blog about it... and maybe we'll "discuss" it. I will probably write a blog about my current thoughts on Christianity and other religions in the near future... The statements I make may be premature since I have not yet researched or explored all religions... so be gentle, should you feel the need to correct me or set me straight.

(But who wants to be straight when you can be curvy?! =o )


Love,
Ori.

No comments: