Friday, July 24, 2009

Informationage?

Dear Globlets,

With nearly every question answerable by Google, asking people questions has become... uncool, it seems. Possibly frowned upon. You just don't do it. And if you do, you get linked to "Let me Google that for you." It's happened to me when I commented on a friend's status on Facebook. Someone else gives me the link. Soon there won't be any point in talking about anything. Asking questions will become obsolete. You won't have to ask, "What are you up to today?" or "Free this weekend?" or even "How are you today?" because all you'll have to do is check the person's Facebook or Twitter page. I think Twitter is worse than Facebook. I don't know much about Twitter but from what I can tell, it seems like just status updates. People don't have to ask "What time is it there?" because they can just look it up.
People won't even talk about the weather any more.
"By golly, we sure are having some fine weather here this weekend. How is it there on your end, old chum?"
" Link "
"Oh.
Oh.
I see."

What is the world coming to?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

1 comment:

Marcelo said...

Yeah, internet is making people lazy and cold. It is scary sometimes.