After posting the last work globulation, I began to wonder if I was blowing things out of proportion and/or being too rash. I think, however, that my reaction was based on several bad days along with the stress and exhaustion from closing.
My boss is the mama there, and if mama ain't happy, then nobody's happy. She hasn't been doing well lately but today she was still acting much more cheerful than she was a week or two ago. It's kind of strange since the most recent problems are worse than the ones from when she was temperamental and had made me feel like shit.
Today was a good day, but that could just as well be causing me to react in the same way I did the other day: too quickly. One good day can't make up for a lot of bad days; one bad day can't overpower the good days. I still have to make sure I'm happy doing what I'm doing, though. I thought about quitting but then I decided to wait it out, at least until October. Today, my boss told me she was getting really nervous about the café/bistro. She told me how good it was to have me closing but she's not sure if she's going to be able to afford me in the next few months. So, if things don't pick up in September, she let me know that she might have to let me go. Friendlily, so don't rawr.
We'll see. One of three things could happen:
1. I stay and be happy and work 3-6 Mon-Fri come September.
2. She lets me go.
3. I leave.
I reckon I should start looking for other work. :/ Such a drag. I don't know what I'm going to do if option 2 or 3 happens. Do I stay in the food industry, even?