Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I like this 3:


"If humans died in a healthy culture, they would not lock out the earth in metal coffins and carve their names on stone monuments, but would instead place the naked body in the earth and plant a tree above the silent heart."
-William Irwin Thompson

I stole this from a fellow blogger.

I think it would be really wonderful if we did that - plant trees on behalf of the deceased, one per body. Cemeteries could be forests. I just thought of how beautiful that would be. No tombstones, no crazy-expensive coffins, but an immediate response to the loss of a life; that is, starting the cycle for a new life by planting a seed.

1 comment:

EccentricSimplicity said...

Hey Ori!
I am very muh in favor of keeping in touch with campers, whether or not we ever talked.
I'm going to stalk your blogs too! I admired your photography since before I even met you.