Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Get Dreaming.

Dear Globlets,

When I am 30 years old I would like to be frozen. As in, put in an icecube until further notice. And by further notice I mean I wish to be defrosted when the world has evolved from religion. I think that would be nice. I think I would like to see what the world is like religion-free. I would like to see people quenching their thirsty curiosity. I would like to see churches put to better use, i.e. education/research centres, libraries, internet cafes, ice cream parlours. I would like to see intelligent minds put to better use, regardless of income. I would like to see women dressing how they please and without fear. I would like to see people loving who they wish to love and not being humiliated, harmed, or killed for it. I would like to see people speaking their minds and not dying for it.

I would like to be able to think of these things as realities, not as far-fetched, unrealistic, unattainable, Utopian dreams. As John Lennon as this sounds, although I'm a dreamer, and not the only one, as more people join in the dreaming, we'll create a new reality.

I think the heat is getting to me.

Oh. I changed my mind. As nice as it would be to freeze myself until Reason triumphs so I could live in a lovely and livable world, it's a bit of a dick-move for a human. I don't want to go live in the future, I want to be a part of creating it. Let's just hope we don't all kill each other first. :)

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to go sing Kumbaya and hold hands with some very friendly people.


Peace.

1 comment:

Mommet said...

Thank you. Thank you for just being you.