Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Dear Globlets,

Today is July 6th. Today is summer. It has not felt like summer for this entire summer yet and damn right I'm complaining about it! The WINTER temperatures in Chile have been far too similar to ours over the last few weeks, which is completely WRONG in my mind seeing as it is SUMMER here and WINTER there. People are dying of heatstroke in the East(not really)... why not share some of that? Sure, it's been sunny, but has it been warm? Not very. And if it has, it's been partly cloudy OR a weekday. Yay! A weekday: a day of the week during which I must work or study and NOT go outside to throw the ball around or sunbathe. And I was hoping for some sun this summer. We have a tanning moisturizer that I'm using on my poor, pasty-white legs.

However, there is a great deal of REAL sunshine and, potentially, REAL warmth coming our way! It's almost as if summer is starting. I wonder how long it will last. I really hope it does last.



Oh, sunshine AND warmth, how I've missed thee. Oh, summer dresses, how I long to wear thee. Oh, the word "thee," how unsure I am of the correct usage of thee. Oh, Google, how I'm not going to use thee to look up the correct usage of the word "thee." Because I'm lazy. And hungry.

No comments: