Thursday, August 19, 2010

I like this 31 + Mid-August Summer Day

Dear Globlets,

Are you sick of my posting yet? First day off school and I'm on my third globulation. Mind you, they're not exactly five pages long.

Some things that I like:

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
- Sir Richard Francis Burton


"No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather."
- Michael Pritchard


Weather. I have some things to say about weather. Today is August 19th and in the Northern hempisphere this is what some people call the season of Summer. Currently, it is 10:00AM(ish), it is overcast, with a scorching Summer temperature of 15*C expected to increase later in the day and get all the way up to a whopping 16*C.
August. Summer. Summer. August. High of 16*C. I'm thinking about scarves and socks. This is ridiculous. It's an outrage. Something is so very painfully wrong about this.

That's it. I can't take it any more. Fuck this shit. I'm going to back to Chile.

Chile: A place where Summer is consistent and doesn't drop 15 degrees within a week; a place that lets you get used to the Summer heat instead of forcing you to suffer through the severe mood swings of the bipolar maniac that is BC Summer; a place where Summer is Summer and Winter is Fall and doesn't pretend it's anything more or anything less than that.

Should I put away my skirts and dresses and shorts? Or are you going to spike back up to 30*+ again soon, BC Summer?

And you know what else, SUMMER? You're not worthy of my capitalizing your S any more! I liked you with a capital S even though it's not technically correct. So, summer, come back once you've reached your senses.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to go find a pair of socks and make myself a giant cup of hot lemon-ginger tea on this marvellous August summer day.

No comments: