Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Flashback.

Dear Globlets,

When I was in grade two, Mrs. Toby-Fisher's class, I was asked how to spell "present." People often came to me when they needed to spell something; I was known for my good spelling. Earlier that day, Mrs. Toby-Fisher talked about the words "desert" and "dessert," and said that one way to remember which is which is to think which one you would rather have more of. "If you want more dessert, remember it has an extra S." Surely you wouldn't want to have more desert if you were in one, so it only gets one S.

When my classmate asked me how to spell "present," I thought back to the lesson of *wanting more = extra S.* Therefore, it was only logical for "present" to have a double S since most people want more "pressents."

Except not.

I was wrong.

My classmate gave me shit since she handed in something that had a spelling error.

I never misspelled "present," "desert," or "dessert" ever again.

The end.

2 comments:

PeacefulChaos said...

I read this when you first posted it, and not I think of you everytime I write or read the word "present". :D

Ori. said...

Ha ha!