Friday, October 29, 2010

I like this 44: Spelling and Grammar

Dear Globlets,

I like this:


Talk to me when you know what a run-on sentence is. Talk to me when you know what a comma splice is. Talk to me when you know it's "There ARE two" and not "There IS two." Talk to me when you understand subject-verb agreement. Talk to me when you don't look to your ass when I ask you to point out a colon. Talk to me when you don't look to your ass when I ask you to point out a semicolon.

Punctuation, spelling and grammar: is that too much for a girl to ask?

(yes)


Can I get an amen?

(Even if you don't know the definitions by heart, as long as you're able to avoid them and recognize them as being grammatically incorrect, that's all I care about.)

3 comments:

PeacefulChaos said...

I agree completely. People that can't figure out punctuation are very frustrating to talk to. Capitalization is important to.

For example:
"I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse."

"i helped my uncle jack off a horse."

Ori. said...

It's true! It ends up being based on interpretation and it's hard to know if you're reading them right. I shouldn't have to decipher someone's message to me.

It's disrespectful in that they're wasting my time by writing shorthand, by omitting punctuation, capitalization, and even entire words. I'm sorry, but I have better things to do than figure out what you're trying to say. :/

Tentacleslol said...

What's nice is that you know me well enough that even when I'm tired and out of it and I don't type properly, you still know what I'm on about.

That, right there, is love.