Friday, December 10, 2010

Argument slut and freedom.

Dear Globlets,

Freedom is mine. Well, sort of. I still have to complete one last assignment for fiction by Monday, but other than that I'm free! From school. Until the winter semester. I'm secretlyish freaking out because I'm second on the waiting list for Non-Fiction and if I don't get into that, not only will I be very, very sad, but also screwed and will have to get into another course ASAP. I might cover my ass and switch around my Intro to Lit. class to another time so I can take Philosophy: Logic and Critical Thinking. :/ I've been on a waiting list before for a course - fourth - and I got in quite easily. But this time, when I registered online, a scary message came up that I didn't understand - something about a Thursday and people not dropping out soon enough and then I will be thrown into a tank full of hungry sharks, and I'm probably overreacting but I really need to get into that course. Can I send the prof an e-mail and explain my desperation and bribe him/her with peanut butter peanut-butter-chip cookies to let me in?

I have this strange compulsion where, when I see lipstick, I immediately want to apply it. Is this some weird childhood thing? /randomirrelevantthing

Now, the real reason I started globulating:

Pharyngula. I got a hard-on reading this, which is a little peculiar since I actually have a vagina.
This is an excerpt of a response from Pharyngula to a Christian, and it really was wonderful:
(Bold are Pharyngula's responses, of course)


"Could our few years on this planet be all that there is? [Yes.] You are born, live, then die and that's it? [That's what I said. Yes.]"

Also:
"...many believe Jesus has died for their passage into heaven [And many believe that Mohammed was God's prophet, and that praying to Ganesh will remove obstacles from their lives. Do you?]. Are all of these people (myself included, and I am a very well educated individual and deep thinker if I do say so myself[I don't believe you.]) delusional or weak minded or worse because the have faith? [Yes. Or lazy, or guilt-ridden and brain-washed, or fearful.]"


LOL: "I don't believe you."

Like I said: hard-on.

I really don't know what it is about talking to Christians and disproving their beliefs, however futile it may be most of the time, that turns me on so much. I just get so excited, and when I'm faced with that kind of situation, I find it very difficult to say no. What can I say? I'm a slut for arguments. It's the only drama I can handle.

2 comments:

Supertec said...

It's definitely a thrill taking down all those centuries of superstition. Don't think it quite gives me a hard-on, though (maybe it's PZ's beard, it's a bit of a turn-off).

Congrats to Lucy on winning the kitteh contest, by the way.

Ori. said...

Haha! I don't usually think about him, LOL. I usually think about the reaction I predict I'm getting from my opponent. :P

And thank you!