Friday, February 4, 2011

A Step Louder.

Dear Globlets,

I hate my brother.


I was taking down a sheet I had hung up on my wall for a photo shoot and I couldn't reach the last nail so I asked him to bring me the ladder.

He was in the other room listening to "Ratitat/Peter's Wolf/Oblivious Reel" by Andrew Bird (lots of fiddlework) and he says, "What?!"

"Can you bring me the ladder, please?"
"What?"
"The ladder! Can you bring it, please?!
"What?"
"Bring me the goddamn ladder, Adrian!"
The music gets louder.
"What the fuck? Adrian!!! Please get me the ladder!"
The music gets louder still.
"Adrian, I swear to Lucy! Bring me the ladder or you shall die and you and everyone in this canteen. Death by tray it shall be!" (or something)
"What?"
"Adrian, damn it, the ladder! LADDER. STEP LADDER. A LADDER ON WHICH I CAN STEP TO REACH A VERY HIGH OBJECT!"
The music gets louder.
"A STOOL! GET ME A FUCKING STOOL, PLEASE!!!"
Adrian appears. "Did you want something?"

Later, Adrian finally brings me the step ladder. "Why did you want the music a step louder?"


I hate my brother.

2 comments:

Saint Simmy said...

LOL don't be hatin'! It's an honest mistake :)

Ori. said...

I know :P We laughed so hard after... especially when he came in and asked why I wanted the music "a step louder." That question was not as innocent as the rest of the conversation, I assure you.