Thursday, July 14, 2011

It Was Always You.

Dear Globlets,

i miss u.

But I haven't forgotten about you. Don't look at me like that. You know if I could have, I would have posted. Okay, maybe that's not entirely true. Maybe I've had plenty of opportunities, and maybe the thing getting in the way is that I wanted to feel emotionally ready to globulate. Maybe I wanted to come back from the dead with a bang, with something extraordinary, with something... epic. But that's not the way shit works. And I should know better. So many times I've thought about writing to you, Globlets, and so many times something stupid distracted me from what really matters. What really matters is you.

So, hello, you. I'm back. But I was never really gone, was I? I was always here. Just like you. Waiting for me.

There's so much to say, but no longer will I wait for that special moment when the stars align, and in my heart I feel the time is right, because we could all be waiting a very long time for that. No... Instead, I will write whatever and whenever I feel like, even if it's just rambling because, good god, do I look sexy when I ramble, and, lawd almighty, do you like it when I look sexy.

I need to get a notebook for writing stuff like I did for the Morning Pages that I had to do for ENG154 (Fiction class). Just have to write a page at least per day, but I promise you it will not be in the morning. This bladder needs to be voided ASAP after waking up. Writing a page per day is supposed to get the words flowing easier and faster, making the wait for the perfect moment to write unnecessary.

I've excited myself with all this rambling, just as I'm sure you, too, are excited. More writing tomorrow.

It was good to see you again, Globlets. Real good.

5 comments:

PeacefulChaos said...

You might want to try freewriting too. It's basically just writing non-stop for say, 20 minutes. Even if all you're writing is about how you don't know what to write, it's keeps you from sitting there wondering what to write. :P

Ori. said...

That's kind of what the Morning Pages is like. Your comment reminded me that some of the Morning Pages assignments/recommendations was to write for ten minutes straight about a suggested topic. The Morning Pages are for free-writing, although one person in my fiction class had actually written a novel that way. Used each "Morning Page" as a chapter or whatever. Pretty cool.

20 minutes might be more of a challenge, but maybe more beneficial? I'll give it a try. Gives me an excuse to look at notebooks too. <3

Ori. said...

Are. ...Morning Pages are like.*

Ori. said...

And were. Holy shit. You know what? No. I'm going to fix everything.

Ori. said...

That's kind of what the Morning Pages are like. Your comment reminded me that some of the Morning Pages assignments/recommendations were to write for ten minutes straight about a suggested topic. The Morning Pages are for free-writing, although one person in my fiction class had actually written a novel that way. He used each "Morning Page" as a chapter or whatever. Pretty cool.

20 minutes might be more of a challenge, but maybe more beneficial? I'll give it a try. Gives me an excuse to look at notebooks too. <3